TotalEnergies Discovers Oil, Gas in Offshore Oilfield in Nigeria
French energy giant, TotalEnergies, has discovered oil and gas at the Oil Mining Lease (OML) 102 offshore oilfield asset in Nigeria, the French company said in a statement on Tuesday.
The energy giant’s Ntokon-1AX discovery well encountered 38 meters of net oil pay and 15 meters of net gas pay and Ntokon-1G1 encountered 73 meters of net oil pay.
Located 60 Km Off the Southeast Coast of Nigeria, the company intends to develop the recent discovery through a tie-back to the existing Ofon field facilities.
“This new success in the area further demonstrates the potential of nearby exploration to create value within our low-cost, low-emission strategy,” said Nicolas Terraz, president of exploration & production, at TotalEnergies.
OML 102 is operated by TotalEnergies Nigeria with a 40% interest, alongside state-oil firm NNPC Ltd which holds the remaining 60%. # TotalEnergies Discovers Oil, Gas in Offshore Oilfield in Nigeria